Charmed Chatter

The musings of a Personal Trainer/Foodie, en route to adding Yoga Teacher to the mix!



This week, here in the prairies, we had a brief flashback to summer. It was well above 20 degrees Celsius outside, sunny, and gorgeous. So, I took the opportunity to soak up the fall beauty and headed out to take some pictures of the visibly changing season, (yes these are a couple of my pics from the day!), choosing a near by closed-down campground that is treed and just gorgeous. Of course, I opted to avoid the sad frostbitten sights in my own backyard...

I may have mentioned in a past post that I love to garden. I think that planting a garden, tending to it, caring for it - about it - and then watching it flourish before your eyes is amazing... But every fall there is a sort of sadness to seeing the effects of the first frost on all my little green babies. Instead of worrying about it, (since it would be futile to do so), I remember "This is life, it's a part of the whole cycle, it's all beautiful, it's all meaningful, and all absolutely necessary". I also instead turn inwards to what inside needs nurturing, and what has room for growth.

Like flowers, we are born, we are nurtured and we begin to grow... Then one day, figuratively, we start to bud. And, just like in nature, when a flower first begins to bud you can not tell what colour it is going to be, or how big or symmetrical it will be... Similarly, as we start to bud there is no way of knowing how we are going to turn out... But what is sure, is that along the way how well we provide all the necessities of life and health and love to ourselves determines how well we will be able to blossom, and truly flourish into our true potential bloom.

Squirrels in Love!
In the past few months I have been watching my yoga practice truly begin to blossom, along with my new marriage, and my personal happiness. Lately, more than ever before in my life, I have been nurturing all the aspects of my life in a balanced and sensible way... And so, with this healthy base and strong roots set, I finally knew that it was time to stretch out a petal or two from my proverbial blossom. This particular petal is an extension of what has really started a new chapter in my personal development, yoga, and more specifically, it is attaining my 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training.

After much research, and much thought, I finally found the teacher training retreat that sounds like the perfect fit for me... And I have now registered for the May 2011 Yoga Teacher Training at Anamaya Resort in Costa Rica. First off, the thing that caught me was the headline on the page that said "Yoga Teacher Training in the Happiest Place on Earth"... Turns out that Costa Rica was named top of the list of happiest nations by CNN in July 2009. I love happy, and I love beach, and I love nature, and I love that this course takes place right before I need to get back to plant my garden after the first moon in June. (A Manitoba/Ukrainian saying to avoid frost, lol).

From the Anamaya Resort website.
The next thing that I love is that the instructor, Sasha Dae, is from Vancouver so I have a fellow Canuck in my midst while staying in this new strange place (which is comforting as this will be really be my very first experience heading anywhere all on my own, to stay on my own for four weeks. EEEKS!) And finally, after checking out the resort and the resort reviews I have to say it all looks amazing and surreal. Right down to the fact that it is not a full vegetarian diet as most teacher training retreats are - there is chicken and fish along with all the amazing veggie dishes which sounds great to me!



So now my mission and goal is to strengthen my yoga practice and continue living my best life as much as possible before I embark to broaden my knowledge and perspectives, and then return to share what I learned by leading yoga practices for others.

I will definitely be blogging frequently up until my training, and then daily to share my experience while I'm away... And I invite you to follow along while I do!

Thanks for stopping by...
...and Namaste!


0 comments:

Post a Comment