Charmed Chatter

The musings of a Personal Trainer/Foodie, en route to adding Yoga Teacher to the mix!


Well hello hello! In case you were anxiously anticipating this post yesterday, it's true I am a day late. As part of my personal quest, I've decided not to offer any excuses (even though I have a few!) and instead to simply offer my apologies! In the grand scheme of life, it's a menial faux-pas. However, I really have to get a grasp on "under-promise/over-deliver"... I always think I can get more done than I can! (Sound familiar to anyone else?!)

"Unless a man undertakes more than he possibly can do, he will never do all that he can." Henry Drummond.

Anyhoo, before I dive in here, I wanted to address one little thing... I have been met with big eyes by my clients and some friends when I say 30-Week Challenge. Some people have just replied, "I will definitely do this 30-day challenge!". 30 days? Who said days?! It's 30 weeks for this challenge, and seriously now - as a trainer my thoughts are that about the only thing in fitness that you can accomplish in 30 days is paying for your next month's membership to wherever you work out. That, and just successfully doing the same thing every day for 30 days. (Which I'm not saying isn't hard, it's just not really a tangible physical achievement!)

One of the hardest parts for me working with people who want to "get fit" is trying to make them understand that the best way to do so is at a gradual, steady, healthy, normal pace. Any program that promises you "8-Weeks-to-THIS" and "6-Weeks-to-THAT" is not normally a lifestyle change, it's an overhaul, and it doesn't in my opinion teach you anything of true value. I believe there is value in a fitness program (and nutrition program for that matter) that you can continue to maintain, and grow forth from when ready, FOREVER!

I will liken this to being a musician, and I can say this as I am also a pianist myself,  it is only with time and with practice that you truly master your instrument, and then time away from it - even after 20 years of playing - leaves you a little rusty again. Same thing with the ole body. You gotta use it, or you lose it... Overuse it though, and again, you will lose it. There is that word again: Balance!

So take this challenge with me, commit to 30 weeks with me here, but commit a lifetime to yourself, and your continued growth, change, and development.

The 30 Week Primary Series Asana Challenge - Weeks 1 and 2 will be posted shortly!

Namaste

0 comments:

Post a Comment