Charmed Chatter

The musings of a Personal Trainer/Foodie, en route to adding Yoga Teacher to the mix!

As I exuberantly exclaimed in a prior post, I have registered for my 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Costa Rica! This training takes place in exactly 206 days, and in anticipation of my course I have decided to challenge myself to complete the primary series of Asana poses from B.K.S. Iyengar's Light on Yoga guide book, in the time frame and order that he suggests in addition to my regular studio practice, cardio, and weight training routines. This time frame happens to be a suggested 30 weeks! Lucky for me, I just might make it since I have just over 29 weeks!

My intention is to learn a more solid foundation of these poses, and identify where my weaknesses are, so that I can truly maximize my time with an experienced teacher while in my 4 week yoga teacher training intensive.

Now comes the fun part! Since I believe that yoga is so wonderful that it must be shared, which is exactly how I feel about sharing fitness, nutrition, and weight training, I have decided to go through this series of asanas week by week - sharing my triumphs and failures - via photos and journaling. Each week I will add only the new poses added to the course in that section. What is awesome is that anyone (yes even YOU) can follow along with this (suggested) 30 week program, and learn a little bit about yourself, and your own personal stregths and weaknesses!

Maybe I won't be totally finished in 30 weeks, as I am not sure what my body will be able to complete in that time frame... But in that case, it is A-Okay. Everyone can benefit from a personal challenge, and from the self knowledge that attempting a personal challenge can bring!

I encourage you to check with your doctor before beginning any new fitness program, and if you choose to pursue this with me, I hope that you will listen to your body, and love and respect yourself at all times.

That said, I will begin with week 1-2 tomorrow... It looks like a pretty basic first couple weeks, so I think that anyone who is in fair fitness can truly attempt this as a beginning, and yoga enthusiasts with any experience will find it quite enjoyable!

I look forward to this journey, as I prepare for my next one! I encourage you to join my blog, follow me on twitter if you like, and I truly hope to hear some comments!!

Namaste

0 comments:

Post a Comment