Charmed Chatter

The musings of a Personal Trainer/Foodie, en route to adding Yoga Teacher to the mix!

Mmmmmm.... Just planning out another day of fun, fresh, and fulfilling food! Sometimes it's hard to believe that you can eat healthy food and never feel for a second that you are missing out on anything. The funniest thing, is that when I'm really eating a good clean diet and actually taking the time to seek out great meals and get creative in the kitchen, I find that I actually like all the food MORE. Yes you heard me right! MORE!! And let me tell you, I love good food!



Because I love to share, and because I think that you can only truly lead by example, I am going to post a bunch of recipes so that you can see how easy and accessible it is to follow this type of nutrition plan!

Let's get started!

As we speak, or I should say as I type, I am enjoying what tastes like a scrumptious dessert for breakfast! It's made of the following:
  • 1/3 of a cup of stone ground oats (with no additives)
  • 1 tsp of ground flax seed
  • 1 tsp of sunflower honey (but any natural no additive honey will do!)
  • 2 slices of frozen peaches (right outta the bag)
  • water
Just toss all the ingredients in a bowl, cover with about a 1/4 inch of water, ad microwave it for 1 minute. Take it out, stir well and mash up the peach slices with a fork...ENJOY! It tastes like a peach crumble dessert... I also keep 3 bags of different frozen fruits in the freezer so I can change up my flavors!

For lunches, while on the cleanse I like to try and stick to soups. Once you make a huge pot of soup it is quick, available, easy, chocked full of veggies, and good for the digestive system too! Since it was just thanksgiving, I made the hearty turkey soup that I previously posted in my blog here. However, I added a cup of cauliflower to the mix and omitted the salt. Once all the turkey soup is eaten, I plan to share an amazing butternut squash soup!

Keeping a dozen hard boiled eggs in the fridge ready to add to salads, or to snack on, or to have for breakfast with some fruit is another super-easy, inexpensive way to stick on track.

For tonight's dinner I'm making a delicious recipe:
Chicken with Spiced Wild Rice and Garlic Broccoli and Cauliflower

Chicken: On a baking rack in a tray place your chicken breasts and dust the tops with rosemary, basil, ad garlic powder. I cook my chicken breasts in my toaster oven (it keeps them moist and browns them better!) on "toast" at the highest temperature for 15 minutes, then I flip them over and spice the other side and cook for another 15 minutes. SHAZZAM! So easy!

Spiced Wild Rice: In a pot on the stove, place a cup and a half of wild rice, add 1 diced up red onion, 1 clove of crushed garlic, a cup of chicken broth (purchase the low-salt variety), and then add water until the mixture is covered with 1 inch of water (I also like to add a 1/2 teaspoon of crushed chilies!). Cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium stirring frequently. Once all the liquid is almost gone (about 30 minutes) reduce heat to low and continue to stir frequently. Once it is all evaporated, uncover and let stand for 5 minutes.

Garlic Broccoli ad Cauliflower: In  non-stick pan add a 1/4 cup of water, one cup of chopped broccoli and one cup of chopped cauliflower. Cover and simmer on medium high heat for about 5 minutes. Then, drain water, return to stove, add one tablespoon of olive oil, pepper to taste, and one or two cloves of crushed garlic. (As you can tell I love garlic ridiculously much) Sauté til tender (to your taste) about another 4 minutes.

Serve all the above with a little sea-salt if you like, pepper, and lemon slices or lemon juice. DEEEEELICIOUS!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment